I faced and overcame many agile -related hurdles by introducing the lean UX approach.
Prepared, documented and presented a design strategy for increased conversion rates. 
I consulted and proposed solutions for various design and usability related dilemmas.
Lead workshops for the entire teams and acted as the user’s advocate. 
The problem
Virginmedia.com was suffering from insufficient conversion rates.

The micro-conversions count was also very low, there was not enough engagement or time spent with the website.
It was non-satisfactory from a business point of view. 
The above was caused by a lack of UX input when designing the web systems.


The Approach
To identify the biggest stress points it was crucial to combine the techniques of data analysis and usability studies. 
Working closely and communicating with key stakeholders, analysing users’ current behaviours as well as studying and evaluating the usability of the current product was the first step to take.

Gathering Qualitative Data
I extensively interviewed Key Stakeholders and users. This allowed me to paint a general picture of what the users’ struggled with the most when using the website as well as what they expected from the product. I also analysed support calls

Gathering Quantitative Data
I used online tools like Google Analytics and Hotjar where I could investigate user’s behavioural flows, bounce rates, click maps, and heat maps as well as screen recordings.
Using the above techniques allowed me to pinpoint the issues users’ were facing when using the product, as well as address the goals of the stakeholders, My task was to maximise the usability of the website and bring the highest conversion rates possible, in order to boost the business.
The Definition
Based on the data gathered I mapped out user journeys, defined users’ tasks and formulated user scenarios. 
I designed the information architecture maps and content strategy proposals. I have also created user and job stories.
I outlined the UX and design strategy, specifying the next steps in the process of achieving the required business and user experience goals
The strategy has been presented to the stakeholders in a form of workshops
I brainstormed and discussed my assumptions, findings and plan with members of the team
The Application
I set up the design foundations, by working closely with the front-end development team, to make sure it is aligned with the frameworks used.
I designed pixel-perfect user interfaces and worked on design language to ensure the consistent and flawless user experience. 
Initial designs have been prepared in a form of prototypes, making initial usability testing possible.
I also developed a design system ensuring the structure being future proof and adaptable

Testing
Rapid prototyping allowed me to quickly run moderated and unmoderated usability studies, both in a lab and in a field. 
I used online tools for remote studies to measure the success of performing user tasks and gather quantitative data.
I ran user interviews and focus groups to gather qualitative data about the value of the prototypes.
Gathered findings have been implemented in further iterations of the prototype, and the testing process has been repeated until achieving satisfactory test results.
Implementation
After reaching satisfactory results during usability testing, certain parts of the system were ready to implement in an agile manner. 
I worked closely with the development team, supporting with implementing the designs and helping with QA testing as well as changes to the design system where required.
Fully developed parts of the system have been usability tested, and reiterations have been implemented when needed.
The process has been repeated for further parts of the system until satisfying results were achieved.

You may also like

Back to Top